AD

Breaking News

Project Management

 

Q.1.What are the responsibilities of a Project Manager? What should they do to make a project successful?

Project manager plays an important role in planning, executing and monitoring the development of software projects. A software project manager is supposed to deliver the project on time, within the budget and has to keep his team and client, happy and satisfied.

Responsibilities of a project manager:

Resource planning:

Planning plays an important role in meeting the deadlines of projects. There are many projects that are failed due to poor. Planning a good project manager defines the scope and determines the required time and resources to complete the project and plans accordingly.

Team motivation:

A project manager does not demotivate their teams, buy extra workload and long checklists. Instead they keep the atmosphere friendly and light they motivate their teams that they have the potential to do the work in time. 

Cost estimation:

A project manager has to keep the project within the limited budget, even if a project fulfill all clients expectations and is ready to deliver on time but it will still feel if it goes out of its budget. So it is our responsibility of a project manager to review the budget and plan the development.

Customer satisfaction:

At the end, the project is successful only if the customer is satisfied and one of the most important responsibilities of every project manager is to deliver a product that does not have any extra work done or anything missing as the client requires.

Report and documentation:

It is the responsibility of a project manager to create a proper report and documentation about the project that who was involved, what are the requirements that were fulfilled and what is the history of the project it will be useful in future.

 

Q.2. Which qualities project managers should possess?
Qualities of a project manager: 
Multitasking:

A project manager should be multitasking. He should have abilities to plan the project, select suitable people to do the work, make deadlines and control the outcome. That’s why multi-tasking skills are required.

Communication:

The success of the project highly dependent on the communication skills of project manager as he has to communicate with the client and development team ,with clear communication accurate requirements are gathered and there is less chance of a uncertainty.

Team building:

If you want to work on a common goal, there should be a good understanding and compatibility between people. A project manager should have the skills of building a writing. He has the filter right people for required tasks according to their skill set. 

Decision making:

Strong decision-making skills are very important in a project manager as the project manager has to develop the project within define constraints so there is a high requirement of making the right decisions on the right time to define the direction of your project. One wrong decision can lead the entire team and project into wrong direction and failure of the project.

 

Q.3. How a project manager can motivate or demotivate employees?

A project manager has direct relation with the motivation and the motivation of the team. Project manager does not appreciate his team about their work, always gives extra workload, communicates less, does not create opportunities for the team to get promotion, do favoritism, does not acknowledge the challenges and difficulties of the team doing all these things are project manager is directly demotivating his team. 

 A project manager should create a friendly environment in which he should appreciate the hard work of his team members recognize their abilities communicate with them properly and give those rewards. These things play an important role in the motivation. 

 

Q.4. How will you as project manager motivate people through less glamorous

        aspects of a project such as data entry tasks or clean up laboratory equipment?

If I am a project manager, I will be watching the project very cold and I will always try to keep it simple and clear. I will lead the team. Honestly I will appreciate the work of my team members, I will be positive for example if my team gets a task which is difficult and requires higher skills to complete. I will not be motivating my team instead I will create workshops and meetings to make the work easier. I will create clear expectations from the very first day. My team will get clear deadlines and I will manage the work in such a way that the deadlines don’t become hectic and hard to achieve. To motivate people to be creative in projects

 

Q.5. How will you motivate people for creativity in projects?

Be creative myself:

I have to be creative myself as a good team leader I should share my creative ideas to my team. This will give them motivation to share their ideas and implement them.

Appreciate and criticize meaningfully:

I will complement my team regularly in a meaningful way, not just to pump them but to motivate them to keep up the good work and I will also criticize if someone is not doing his job in a creative manner.

Set reward on ideas:

I will always remind my team that I am interested to hear new ideas and I will challenge my team to present different new ideas and appreciate them even if their ideas are not very good. I’ll ask them to improve their instead of rejecting their ideas. 

Field trips:

I will create trips in which my team members will visit. The places, and the company is very advance projects are made and new ideas are developed so that they can find inspiration and motivation.

No comments

Thanks you